Hubby and I arrived back at the house quite late on Sunday evening and I was grateful that I had the foresight to take a day off yesterday. There is nothing exciting to speak about in particular, just the mundane post-trip sorting myself out and do the boring stuff like go shopping, do laundry and get a hair cut.
It feels so weird to be back in the UK, I realised that there were a lot of things that I haven’t done in my 6 weeks’ out, to name a few:
- Driven a car
- Worn make up (thank goodness for eyelash and eyebrow tint)
- Worn a business suit
- Worn high heels
- Gone to a meeting
- Listened to the news (not particularly proud of this one)
- Eaten so much cake
- Worn perfume (interferes with your sense of smell)
- Worn nail polish (hygiene reasons)
- Stopped at one glass of wine!
Today was my first day back at work, and I immediately did 6 of these! Was a really tough day, you don’t quite realise how quickly you get into a new rhythm, I just hope that I get back back into the swing of things at home . . . I think I might even be able to make a cake very soon.